General Data Services - Alert Service
The GLE alert system produces every minute a General
GLE Alert Graph and station alert graphs for all the
stations that participate the network.
The General Alert service provides access to a set of alerts included in the ESA SSA SWE service network.
This service is implemented through a combination of products, tools and alerts which can be found through the following tabs along with expert support provided by the teams constituting the SWE Network. Should you require further guidance in the use of this service, or have specific questions about any aspects of the service presented here, don’t hesitate to contact the Helpdesk.
The service is implemented through the following set of assets:
- The Solar Influences Data analysis Centre (SIDC) provides products such as Solar EUV images, International sunspot number, Solar flare forecast, etc.
- Kanzelhöhe Observatory (UGraz/KSO) provides the latest solar full disk images and movies in Hα, latest solar full disk images in Whitelight, latest automatically detected optical flares in near real time and automatic email alerts in cases of major flares.
- The service for Automated WARnings of Earth arrivals (AWARE) detects and displays arrival of solar wind disturbances with a potential to create geomagnetic storms.
- The European Ionosonde Service (EIS) providing TEC and foF2 maps, and ionospheric conditions at several locations.
- Alert/E provides human forecaster based notification and technical forecasts for near-Earth heliosphere
All alert products included in the SSA SWE network can be accessed either from the "Products" tab or from the "Alerts" tab. In the "Alerts" tab a snapshot of the text version of the alert is included inline.
User help and guidelines for each of the individual alert products can be accessed through the Help entry of that product.
SWE Data is a web application that provides access to a wide range of Space Weather related data sources covering the areas of the spacecraft, ionospheric, and ground effects. SWE Data allows the user to access all data contained in the repository providing analysis and visualisation tools from these disparate sources.
All Quiet Alert
Solar Flare Detection
Solar Flare Detection and Location
Halo CME Onset
Coronal Hole Notification
Solar Particle Event Onset
Geomagnetic Storm Warning / Solar Wind Shock Arrival
Geomagnetic Storm Onset
E-mail alerts for geomagnetic disturbances
No preview available
Ionospheric Disturbance Detection
Micro Particle Flux Warning
Debris Cloud/Meteoroid Stream Warning
Ground Level Enhancement Detection
This section provides links to web pages or resources that are not part of the SSA Space Weather Network or esa.int domain. These sites are not under ESA control, and therefore ESA is not responsible for any of the information or links that you may find there.