General Data Services - Latest Data Service
The European Ionosonde Service (EIS) is based on the real-time collection
and processing of data from 10 middle and high latitude ionosondes,
supported with datasets from the ROB-GNSS group (TEC parameters) and from NOAA
(solar and geomagnetic indices).
Data lies at the heart of ESA SSA's Space Weather activities. Many of the user requirements and components to be delivered as part of the SWE segment make reference to requirements on the availability of and access to data of diverse types. This includes real-time and near-real-time data but also archives of past and historical data.
The latest data service provides access to a set of high priority latest data included in the ESA SSA SWE service network.
This service is implemented through a combination of products, tools and alerts which can be found through the following tabs along with expert support provided by the teams constituting the SWE Network. Should you require further guidance in the use of this service, or have specific questions about any aspects of the service presented here, don’t hesitate to contact the Helpdesk.
The service is implemented through the following set of assets:
- The Solar Influences Data analysis Centre (SIDC) provides products such as Solar EUV images, International sunspot number, Solar flare forecast, etc.
- Kanzelhöhe Observatory (UGraz/KSO) provides the latest solar full disk images and movies in Hα, latest solar full disk images in Whitelight, latest automatically detected optical flares in near real time and automatic email alerts in cases of major flares.
- INAF/OACT provides Full disc observations of the Sun in the center of the Hα line (656.28 nm) and in the red wing of the same line (656.78 nm). A description of the sunspot groups is also provided on the basis of daily drawings of SunSPotS and pores by projection of the Sun image.
- The Universidad de Alcalá (UAH) provides products such as Local Disturbance index and Local Current index for Spain, Geomagnetic storms and an automatic report;
- The Standard Radiation Environment Monitors (SREM)provides measurements and derived data products from Proba-1, Integral, Rosetta, Herschel and Planck;
- The Energetic Particle Telescope (EPT) on PROBA-V provides measurements of energetic electrons, protons and helium fluxes at LEO orbit ;
- The Athens Neutron Monitoring Station (ANEMOS) providing tools like a real-time GLE alerting system and access to multi-station neutron monitor data;
- Real-Time Ionosphere Monitor (RTIM) provided by the Norwegian Mapping Authority (NMA);
- The European Ionosonde Service (EIS) provides alerts for ionospheric disturbances in the European sector;
- Swarm Utilisation Analysis (SUA) provided by GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences;
- The RadSpace products providing information on the radiation environment and accumulated dose in human phantoms at ISS resulting from dedicated measurement campaigns;
- Ionosphere Monitoring and Prediction Center (IMPC) provided by the German Aerospace Center (DLR).
All data and service products contributing to the latest data service can be accessed from the product catalogue matrix in the "Products" tab. These products are ordered and categorised as per the ESA product specification documents according to the physical domain.
User help and guidelines for each of the individual products can be accessed through the Help entry within the individual product pages.
- ACE/SIS dataset on SEDAT
Earth Magnetosphere and Radiation Belt
- GOES/SEM-EPS datasets on SEDAT
- GOES/SEM-EPS datasets on SEDAT
- POES/SEM-2 dataset on SEDAT
Earth Ionosphere and Thermosphere
- Local scintillation indices S4 & σφ Kiruna
- Local scintillation indices S4 & σφ Neustrelitz
- Local scintillation indices S4 & σφ Svalbard
- Local scintillation indices S4 & σφ Tenerife
- Local scintillation indices S4 & σφ Toulouse
- S4 and Err(S4) nowcast modelled maps
- SigmaPhi and Err(SigmaPhi) nowcast modelled maps
Earth Atmosphere and Geomagnetic Environment
- Magnetogrammes from North(West) Europe and Greenland
- Real-time and historic geomagnetic activity plots and data files for geomagnetic surveying (total field)
- Real-time and historic geomagnetic activity plots and data files for directional drilling (total field, declination and inclination)
- Horizontal magnetic rate of change
SWE Data is a web application that provides access to a wide range of Space Weather related data sources covering the areas of the spacecraft, ionospheric, and ground effects. SWE Data allows the user to access all data contained in the repository providing analysis and visualisation tools from these disparate sources.
SEDAT (Space Environment Data System) is a tool for the engineering analysis of spacecraft charged particle environments. The facility provides access to the ODI database containing a large and comprehensive set of data about that environment as measured in-situ by a number of space missions. The user can select a set of space environment data appropriate to the engineering problem under study. SEDAT also offers a set of software tools, which can operate on the data retrieved from the database. These tools allow the user to carry out a wide range of engineering analyses. SEDAT is using a GUI written in Java.
For alerts please consult the general alert service (GEN/alm).
This section provides links to web pages or resources that are not part of the SSA Space Weather Network or esa.int domain. These sites are not under ESA control, and therefore ESA is not responsible for any of the information or links that you may find there.