Members of the Space Safety Programme Office
introducing the ESA Director General
to some of the key functions of the new ESA Space Safety Room
at ESOC during its inauguration. The Space Safety Centre
provides a dynamic environment hosting space weather instrument
performance monitoring and supporting the provision of
space weather information to ESA-operated space missions.
ESA Space Weather Office
The objective of the Space Weather Office is to provide owners and operators of critical spaceborne and ground-based infrastructure timely and accurate information to enable mitigation of the adverse impacts of space weather.
- Mr Juha-Pekka Luntama, Space Weather Office Head
- Dr Alexi Glover, Space Weather Service Coordinator
- Dr Melanie Heil, Space Weather Space Segment Coordinator
- Dr Jorge Amaya, Space Weather Modelling Coordinator
- Dr Stefan Kraft, Aurora and VISDOMS Project Manager
Space Weather Office
Space Safety Programme Office
European Space Operations Centre
ESA's Space Safety Programme monitors and mitigates hazards from space.